You are here:
Teaching and Learning at the Institute of Medical Informatics
Teaching and advanced training play a central role at the Institute of Medical Informatics.
Currently, we offer courses in the curricula of the following study programs:
- Model course of studies in human medicine of the Charité
- Lecture "Introduction into Medical Informatics" in module 7
- Elective course "Digital Health" in module 24
- Master of Science in Epidemiology & Master of Science in Applied Epidemiology at the Berlin School of Public Health:
- Elective course "Applied Medical Informatics".
- Computer Science Program (Bachelor/Master) at Humboldt University Berlin:
- Elective course "Applied Medical Informatics" (5 ECTS).
We are happy to supervise master theses and doctoral dissertations. If you are interested, please contact directly the contact person of the working group on whose topic you would like to write a scientific thesis.
The further expansion of teaching and training in the field of medical informatics is very important to us: Our goal is the increasing integration of expertise from medicine and informatics. Our teaching should be application-oriented and cutting-edge.
The Institute of Medical Informatics will present further models for knowledge transfer in the near future, both for students and professionals.
We recommend the continuing education and training courses offered by the Institute of Biometry and Clinical Epidemiology (Service Unit Biometrie: Institut für Biometrie und Klinische Epidemiologie - Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin (charite.de)), and also refer to excellent and free online teaching opportunities, such as "Clinical Data Science" from the University of Colorado (Clinical Data Science | Coursera).
Visit our site regularly to be notified of new continuing education and degree opportunities.